Monday, August 29, 2016

Visceral Response


     Who can put sentiment aside when things pertain to the matters of the heart? Like we talked about in class, nostalgia has a firm grip on our heart. Which is why I chose to write on this photograph. I knew immediately this was the piece I wanted, no, needed to write about. As a child My grandma and grandpa would always take me to Disneyland. It became my safe place. I knew no matter what happened in life, I always had Disneyland.

     Approximately 2 years ago I went to Disneyworld with my family. While I was rushing out of the the Magic Kingdom to catch my ride I turned back with my phone and snapped a photo of the fireworks show. Little did I know a quick snap would result in something so powerful to me.

     Everything in this photo screams childhood to me. The Silhouette of the little boy looking up at the fireworks display, on top of his father's shoulders, reminds me of what it was like to feel hope as a child. The fireworks bursting upwards and outwards reaching for something greater than what they had before, another symbol of hope to me. Whenever I'm in need of comfort or Adulting has become far too hard, I know I can turn to this photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment